I usually like to end the year with a recap of all of my failures. I know that failure isn’t a good word to use, I am supposed to be all self loving and avoid the negative self talk etc. but for me looking at my failures is important. I will also recap what went well though so don’t worry. I didn’t actually set any concrete goals for 2015 so “failure” is just an objective observance in the moment rather than a measurable outcome.
1. Weight loss- I’ve lost about 8 pounds but since I gained early in the year I’m sitting right where I started. Fail.
2. Blogging- This blog speaks for that outcome.
3. De cluttering and downsizing- January 2015 I managed to de clutter and downsize one bathroom and my closet. That is all.
4. Photography- my camera lived in its camera case from mid August until yesterday. Fail.
5. Knitting- I did not get Christmas presents knitted this year.
What I did accomplish this year:
1. I worked with a personal trainer for 3 sessions
2. I joined weight watchers
3. I planted milkweed for butterflies
4. I joined an online photography challenge for 2016 called 52 frames (I hope to blog more about this in the coming year)
5. I joined Young Living essential oils as a member/distributor (I hope to blog more about this in 2016)
6. I knitted a prayer shawl for my mom (intended as a Mother’s Day gift, given as a Christmas gift)
7. I read and/or listened to 36 books:
Did not finish:
Little Girl Gone (Logan Harper #1) by Brett Battles
Far from the madding crowd- Thomas Hardy
True Colors Kristin Hannah
It Was Me All Along Andie Mitchell
Balance your hormones, balance your Live: Achieving Optimal health and wellness through Ayruveda, chinese medicine, and western science Claudia Welch
The Rosie Project (Don Tillman #1) Graeme Simsion
Farewell to the East End: The Last Days of the East End Midwives Jennifer Worth
The Girl on the Train Paula Hawkins
Big Little Lies—Liane Moriarity
The Storied life of AJ fikry Gabrielle Zevin
If I can’t have you: Susan Powell, her mysterious disappearance, and the murder of her children—Gregg Olsen
Still Alice Lisa Genova
All Fall Down- Jennifer Weiner
The Moonflower vine—Jetta Carlton
Unbearable lightness: A story of loss and gain- Portia De Rossi
Fly Away Home- jennifer Weiner
Emmas secret (Finding Emma #2) Steena Holmes
Take me with you- Catherine Ryan Hyde
Obsessed- William M Phelps
Night Road- Kristin Hannah
Leaving Time- Jodi Piccoult
The Cement Garden – Ian McEwen
The Martian- Andy Weir
Undone: The story of making peace with an unexpected life- Michele Cushatt
The Good Girl- Mary Kubica
The End of the affair- Graham greene
The Shack- William Paul Young
Emergency Exit 2020- Ever N Hayes
The Goodbye cookie: A memoir about never giving up Marcia Meislin
Drowning Ruth—Christina Scwarz
The Testament of Mary- Colm Toibin
Columbine- Dave Cullen
Caroline Bingley- Jennifer Becton
Fly Away (firefly lane #2) –Kristin Hannah
And, as I sign out for 2015 and sign in for 2016, as the title indicates I am still a menopausal introvert. I hope to keep this blog going on a more regular basis.